How to Sell Your Used Car
If you're wanting to buy a new car, you may have one that you need to sell first. Our team at FreeVehicleValues.com will go over how to sell your used car. Still, we'll also tell you how we can take care of the process for you.
Read through the information below, and don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Steps to Selling Your Used Car
Selling a used vehicle involves completing the following steps:
- Determine the car's worth. Kelley Blue Book® and NADA Guides are good resources for this.
- Gather necessary paperwork. This includes the title, maintenance records, and warranty documents (if applicable).
- Clean the vehicle. Wash and wax the exterior, and vacuum and clean the interior.
- Take pictures. Get multiple shots from different angles, so potential buyers will know exactly what the car looks like.
- Find a place to advertise and create your ad. In the ad, you'll want to include things like asking price, mileage, and vehicle condition, along with the photos that you took earlier.
- Meet with potential buyers. Have them see the vehicle in person and take it on a test drive.
- Negotiate sale price and finalize the sale. Complete the bill of sale and submit the proper paperwork to the DMV. Then, hand over the papers from step 2 over to the new buyer, along with the keys.
Selling a Pre-Owned Car Locally vs Online
Selling a car locally vs. online has its own methods, with some blending together. For instance, they can both involve sales and auction websites, like eBay and Craigslist. They can also involve popular social media sites, such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
However, selling locally will also involve more traditional forms of advertisement. You can take out an ad in your local newspaper or community newsletter. You can check out car magazines to see if they post classified ads. You can even advertise inside the free local magazines in grocery stores or service stations to easily reach your targeted audience.
Selling online, on the other hand, means you can branch out nationally to reach a much larger audience. Some popular sites to sell your used car on are Cars.com and Autotrader.com, just to name a few.
Getting Cash Value Offers from Trusted Brands
While you could do all this work yourself, we'll actually make things much easier for you. Just fill out details about your vehicle, and you'll get up to four cash value offers from trusted brands. Then, select from one of the many buying centers throughout the country to get cash for your car.
Not only is the process simple, but you won't be charged for our services. Plus, no personal information is required and there's no obligation whatsoever. Additionally, we'll give you the maximum value for your car, so you can get the money you need to put toward a new ride.
Sell Us Your Used Car Today
If you're ready to get a cash value offer for your automobile, then don't wait. Log into FreeVehicleValues.com and get money for your used car today!